- Prepares food items, following recipes and portion control, in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Cleans and maintains station in practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills.
- Ability to re-stock and move effortlessly between active cook lines.
- Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Chef or Kitchen Manager at any time.
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized.
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
General Physical Demands for the Position:
Prep cooks will regularly stand for long periods of time, bend, stoop, turn, lift, talk, walk, walk on uneven ground, carry and lift up to fifty (50) pounds.
?In addition to competitive pay, we offer the following benefits: health insurance, including dental and vision; 401(k); and paid time off.
Oxford Exchange is part of the Oxford Commons Hospitality Group. We look for staff who are humble, do whatever it takes, are always curious, and create connections, both among themselves and for our guests.
Oxford Exchange is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.