ECI – Keiser University
Keiser University is a regionally accredited, private, career university that provides educational programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels for a diverse student body. The main campus is located in Fort Lauderdale with campuses located throughout the State of Florida and internationally. Through quality teaching, the University is committed to provide all students with opportunities to develop the knowledge, understanding, and skills necessary for successful employment. Committed to a students’ first philosophy, Keiser University prepares graduates for careers in business, criminal justice, health care, technology, hospitality, education and career-focused general studies.
Inherent in our Mission is service to the community. This service includes community partnerships, involvement with various constituencies and various continuing education programs.
The IT Help Desk Specialist will work in a pleasant, professional, and efficient manner, a combination of duties mainly related, but not limited to, the coordination of phone, in-person and computer support. Thus, the IT Help Desk Specialist provides a heavy degree of interaction with staff which makes it an excellent position for entry level IT professionals. The role requires someone that can adapt to changes in the work environment and is able to manage competing demands. This is a full-time position that requires day, evening and weekend availability and is located at the Keiser University campus and can sometimes require travel to other locations. The IT Help Desk Specialist is responsible for:
- The installation, assembly and configuring of computers, monitors, network devices and peripherals such as printers, scanners, switches, and related hardware.
- Troubleshoots problems with computer systems, including troubleshooting hardware and software, e-mail, LAN/WAN network and peripheral equipment problems; makes repairs and corrections where required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
Below is an inclusive but not exhaustive list of various knowledge, skills, and other characteristics that are necessary for effective performance in this position.
- Entry level IT support
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of hardware and software support (RAM, SSD and Printers)
- Knowledge of VOIP systems.
- Knowledge of Routers and Switches
- Networking essentials
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks
- Must have excellent verbal and written skill
- Excellent troubleshooting, time, and management skills
- Follow process and procedures as documented and communicated
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Basic Understanding of TCP/IP and DHCP
- Basic Understanding of Active Directory
- Synthesize complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions.
- Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Understands business implications of decisions; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
The IT Help Desk Specialist must have the following:
- An associate degree in MIS or related field is preferred. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Working knowledge of personal computer operating systems, networking systems and applications software Windows based.
- Analytical/problem solving, leadership, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Technical/other training or better in Computer Technology or related field
- Problem Solving
- Communication Skills
- Microsoft 365
- Computer Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Time Management
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
See job description