Job Description: Under general supervision, the Food Service Specialist performs a variety of food service duties.
- Entry Rate: $15.50/hour + depending on experience +$500 Sign-On Bonus
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: PRN / Variable hours based off your availability and the needs of the department.
- Department: Culinary Services, Dixie Hospital (St. George, Utah)
Perks of Working for Intermountain
- Discounted transit / commuter pass
- Meal discounts
- 24/7 on-site, state-of-the art fitness centers at many facilities (about $5 per month) including group fitness classes at select facilities
- Health and Wellness Programs including a Live Well Incentive Program
- 401(k) 2% for all caregivers with additional matching up to 4%
- Over 302,000 discount offers across 10,000 cities on everything from pizza, the zoo, movie tickets, car rentals, and hotels
- Education Assistance (must be benefits eligible)
- Tuition Loan Assistance for full-time caregivers (available for select positions), up to $3,000 per calendar year
- Education and Development Opportunities
- Employee Appreciation Events (including a yearly gift)
- Many facilities have full-service cafés, gift shops, and ATMs onsite
- CNA Scholarships and Tuition Assistance available for select certification (must be benefits eligible + employed by Intermountain Healthcare for 90 days) call 800-283-4550 (Option 2) or visit https://www.gwcu.org/CNAScholarship
- Cell Phone Discounts (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile)
- Discounted Lagoon Amusement Park Tickets
Perks of living in Southern Utah
- Averages 260 days of sunshine per year!
- Incredible outdoor recreation including: Zion National Park, Sand Hollow State Park, Quail Hollow State Park, Snow Canyons State Park, Gunlock Reservoir, Toquerville Falls, Beaver Dam State Park, Pioneer Park, Red Cliffs Recreation Area
- Tuacahn Amphitheater – built into the natural red rock, outdoor concerts and plays
- Dixie State University – sporting events, concerts, and plays
- Rocky Mountain Vista University (PA, DO, MD programs)
- Kayenta Art Village
- SunTran Discount bus passes
- St. George Children’s Museum
- Balloon Festivals
- 1 hour to Pink Coral Sand Dunes
- 3 hours to Lake Powell, Horseshoe Bend, Antelope Canyons
- 4 hours to Grand Canyon North Rim
- 30 minutes to Mesquite, Nevada (great golfing and gambling) and 2-3 hour drive to Las Vegas
Essential Job Duties
- Obtains food and/or supplies from storeroom.
- Delivers and presents trays to patients using patient identifier process.
- Stocks and cleans.
- Independently resolves customer service issues.
- Performs accurate cash/credit transactions according to corporate standards.
- Balances and reconciles drawer.
- Knows menu, portion, and price prior to meal service to provide appropriate service to customers, including answering questions and serving food.
- Sets up and services catered functions according to requested level and scope of service.
- Performs food preparation functions (following standard recipe, assembling ingredients), for example, prepares salads, sandwiches, vegetables, and fruit.
- Understands modified diets and prepares modified recipes using appropriate techniques.
- Maintains an organized and sanitary working environment.
- Maintains proper quantities of production with appropriate rotation of product.
- Performs housekeeping functions including cleaning and sanitizing surfaces, floor care, and equipment (oven, fryer, hoods)
- Food Handler’s Permit (as required by the County).
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to handle problems and difficult situations.
- Demonstrated basic math skills.
- One year culinary experience
- Hospital food service experience.
- Interact with patients and co-workers requiring the employee to verbally communicate information, as well as understand spoken information.
- Operate food service equipment or computer requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read labels, monitors, and documents.
- Carry, push/pull, and walk while transporting food, supplies, and service equipment.
- Climb, squat, kneel, and lift to clean equipment and reach and retrieve food and supplies.
- Remain standing for long periods of time to perform work.
- Tolerate extremes in temperature such as performing work at a grill or in a refrigerator, and tolerate exposure to cleaning chemicals.
Location: St George Regional Hospital
Work City: St George
Work State: Utah
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 0