$16.00 per hour
Allied Universal®, North America’s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions!
Allied Universal has openings available for highly motivated and dynamic Courthouse Security Specialists
MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY DAY SHIFT schedules!
$16 / hour to start with opportunities for both position and wage growth!
Qualified candidates MUST meet the following background criteria:
Former Law Enforcement or Corrections Officers: Academy Graduate with two years minimum in-service
Former military service members:
- Service in Military Occupational Specialty related to law enforcement or security (such as Military Police, Special Forces, combat arms designated) OR any support role if you have served in a Combat Zone
- A minimum of eight (8) or more years of active-duty service in any military branch
- Associate degree (or 60 credits) or higher in law enforcement or criminal justice with current or prior active military service
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Controlling individual(s) access to the courthouse
- Thorough screening of individual(s) utilizing a variety of screening tools, to include x-ray machines and hand wands to check for prohibited items
- Monitors gate entry, secures restricted interior areas, patrols stand and concourse areas, performs crowd control, and various other administrative duties
- This position may conduct foot and/or vehicle patrol
- Courthouse Screener will interact with members of the public in a courteous and professional manner and perform all other duties as required
As a Custom Protection Officer, you will serve and safeguard clients in a range of industries such as Commercial Real Estate, Healthcare, Education, Government and more.
- Perform security patrols of designated areas on foot or in vehicle
- Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- Sound alarms or calls police or fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons
- Provide customer service to our clients by carrying out safety and security procedures, site-specific policies and when appropriate, emergency response activities
- Respond to incidents and critical situations in a calm, problem solving manner
- Conduct regular and random patrols around the business and perimeter. Working environments and conditions may vary by client site
- Be at least 18 years of age for unarmed roles; 21+ years of age for armed roles
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent, or 5 years of verifiable experience
- Must possess one or more of the following:
- Service in Military Occupational Specialty related to law enforcement, security (such as Military Police, Elite Military Forces, combat arms) or any support role in a Combat Zone
- Graduate of a Certified Public Safety Academy (military or civilian) or verified work experience in the law enforcement, adult corrections, or firefighter field
- Bachelor’s degree in law enforcement or criminal justice related studies
- A minimum of 8 or more years of service in any military branch
- Associate’s degree (or 60 credits) or higher in law enforcement or criminal justice with current or prior active military service
- As a condition of employment, applicants will be subject to a background investigation in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws. Allied Universal will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws.
- As a condition of employment, applicants will be subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Licensing requirements are subject to state and/or local laws and regulations and may be required prior to employment
*A valid driver’s license will be required for driving positions only
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information:
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: .